Skip to Content
Website and Privacy Policies
HUD and its contractors respect your right to privacy and will protect it when you visit the HUD Exchange. Here are some things you should know about how we protect your privacy.
- 1 Although some areas of the site request information as a necessary part of specific services, no personal information about you or your organization is collected or stored without your voluntary disclosure.
- 2 When you browse, read pages or download information on our website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. this information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit comprises all of the following:
- The Interent domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are using the Internet) from which you access our website
- The type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site
- The date and time you access the website
- The pages you visit
- If you linked to the HUD Exchange from another website, the address of that website
- 3 This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to your site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record the information about individuals and their visits.
Session cookies are temporary files, which are erased when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies are files that stay in one of your browsers subfolders until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on an expiration date defined in the cookie.
- 2 We monitor visits to the website to identify any attempt to tamper with it.
- 3 Tampering with the HUD Exchange is against the law. Anyone who tries to tamper with it may be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Links to Other Sites
- 1 Our website contains links to many other websites. When you go to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site. The HUD Exchange cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided there.
- 2 Linking to a website does not constitute an endorsement of the HUD Exchange, its sponsors or the products presented on it.
Linking to HUD Exchange
You are encouraged to link to the HUD Exchange. You are welcome to copy the following suggested language below for use when linking to the HUD Exchange.
The HUD Exchange provides a one-stop shop for resources, updates, and information that assists HUD grantees and their partners to develop viable communities that provide decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expand economic opportunities for low and moderate income persons.
- 1 When you send us email we will not share your email address with anyone outside of HUD staff, its contractors, and other federal representatives necessary to respond to your question. We will only use your email address to respond to your requests for information or send you information about Community Compass-related workshops, training sessions or available resources.
- 2 If you sign up for one of our emailing lists, we will only send you the kind of information you've requested. We won't share your email address with anyone outside of HUD.
Terms and Conditions for Photo and Video Submission
- All images and videos submitted will be considered. Only those deemed acceptable and selected by HUD Exchange Staff will be approved and displayed on the site. Submission does not guarantee placement on the HUD Exchange.
- The HUD Exchange will not use photos that come without detailed information on who is in a photo, and where it is taken. Please include correctly spelled names, titles and specifics about the location. If any factual mistakes are made after a photo is posted, please send recommended changes to the same email address used to submit photos.
- Only HUD grantees and their affiliated partners may submit photos for use on the HUD Exchange.
- Photo and video submissions should display HUD-related images. These might include, but are not limited to, HUD-funded properties, before-and-after depictions, local HUD events hosted by the grantee or its partner(s) such as drawings or workshops, construction sites, and families and their homes developed using HUD funds.
- The HUD Exchange reserves the right to determine what constitutes inappropriate content.
- The HUD Exchange reserves the right to edit or manipulate submitted images and accompanying text to maximize clarity. Images that are not of sufficient photographic quality will be rejected.
- If the photograph is of a person or persons, the photographer affirms the person(s) photographed has (have) given their permission to be included in the photograph and for the photograph to be displayed on the HUD Exchange without any fee or other form of compensation.
- You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted.
- By your submission, you acknowledge that you are the creator and copyright holder of the photo.
- By your submission, you are providing permission for HUD and the HUD Exchange staff to use the image. These uses include, but are not limited to, on the HUD Exchange, www.hud.gov, the HUD Exchange Flickr gallery, and HUD Exchange YouTube channel.
- Each accepted image will be displayed and captioned with details provided for the image.