This 8-part web-based modular training course provides basic information and resources to HUD grantees and funding recipients on URA requirements for HUD funded projects. Module 1 provides an overview of the URA. Module 2 provides an overview of another Federal law known as Section 104(d), which applies to CDBG and HOME funded projects. Modules 3 through 8 provide greater technical training on various URA topics.
1. Select the module title.
2. You will be prompted to either create or log into your HUD Exchange Learn account.
3. If you need to create an account, click "Create an Account."
4. After creating an account or logging in, the module will launch in a new window. Make sure your pop-up blockers are turned off.
5. Take the Completion Quiz for the module. After completing the module, close the window. You will be taken to the HUD Exchange Learn training page. Select the "Completion Quiz" link under Activities. You can also access the quiz from the section on this page associated with each module.
6. Print a Completion Certificate. After passing the Completion Quiz, a Print Certificate button will appear on the HUD Exchange Learn training page. Select the button to download a PDF version of your Certificate.
7. Complete the Satisfaction Feedback Form for each module. After completing the module, close the window. You will be taken to the HUD Exchange Learn training page. Click the "Satisfaction Feedback" link under Activities. You can also access the feedback form from the section on this page associated with each module.
NOTE: The information presented in this web training is current as of its posting. However, HUD may issue new or updated policies and guidance in the future. Users should always check HUD’s Acquisition & Relocation website for new announcements and updates which could impact the web training material. Users with additional questions on the training material may contact their local HUD Regional Relocation Specialist for further assistance.
This animated video provides a brief overview of the URA and is recommended to be viewed prior to commencing the modules below.
Este video animado provee una breve visión de conjunto del Acta de Asistencia de Reubicación Uniforme y de La Política de Adquisición de Bienes Raíces (URA, por sus siglas en inglés) y su impacto en los programas y proyectos del Departamento de Vivienda y Desarrollo Urbano (HUD, por sus siglas en inglés).
This module provides a basic overview of URA requirements for HUD programs and projects. It provides a brief history on the URA's purpose and objectives, URA highlights, and helpful information for users to recognize when HUD funded projects may be subject to URA requirements.
Temporary relocation due to acquisition, rehabilitation, or demolition for a federally-funded project is subject to the URA. The goals of this module are to understand when temporary relocation is applicable, identify the general HUD requirements and guidance for temporary relocation, recognize the impact of temporary relocation on households and businesses, and describe eligible reimbursable expenses for temporary relocation.
Sign up for the Acquisition and Relocation Mailing List to receive updates when new modules launch.
If you need assistance accessing the training, submit your request using the Contact Us form. For additional URA information and resources, visit HUD's Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation Website.