Updating Your PHA’s Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy Webinar Series – Webinar 1
February 16, 2022 | 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM EST
This webinar introduced public housing agencies (PHAs) to five chapters from the updated Public Housing Occupancy Guidebook (PHOG). The webinar focused on five topics:
- Lease Requirements
- Community Service and Self-Sufficiency Requirement (CSSR)
- Pet Ownership
- Grievance Procedures
During the webinar, participants learned best practices and sample approaches that they can use to formulate their internal policies and update their Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP). The webinar also reviewed additional resources and materials that are available on the HUD Exchange, including the ACOP Development Guide and short, topical policy fact sheets.
This is the first of three webinars in a series with tips on how to develop, revise, and implement your agency's ACOP in accordance with current HUD requirements. View all webinars in the Updating Your PHA's Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy Series.
This webinar enabled PHAs to:
- Identify successful approaches and best practices for designing and documenting their agency's Public Housing Program policies in the ACOP
- Increase their knowledge of how to develop, revise, and implement an ACOP
- Assess whether their agency needs to update any policies related to the Public Housing Program
- Improve their ability to express the agency's Public Housing Program policies in a clear, orderly, and succinct manner to improve understanding between the agency and its residents
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was intended for PHA staff and board members, as well as industry representatives who work with PHAs and have an interest in Public Housing Program requirements.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Updating your PHA’s ACOP Webinar Series Registrar | email@example.com
Tags: Public Housing Capital Fund Public Housing Operating Fund