Temperature Check on COVID-19 Preparedness: A Webinar for Homeless Assistance Providers and Partners
November 15, 2021 | 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST
In anticipation of flu season and the arrival of colder temperatures, many communities have turned their attention to winter weather planning with a focus on infectious disease preparedness.
A panel representing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Health Care for the Homeless Council (NHCHC), and HUD hosted a webinar to highlight the steps that the partnership of homeless assistance providers, Continuums of Care (CoCs), public health agencies, and health care providers can take to minimize COVID-19 transmission.
During this webinar, CDC, NHCHC, and HUD panelists:
- Provided updates on current transmission rates and vaccine coverage
- Highlighted resources for cold weather and flu season planning
- Shared effective strategies to increase vaccine uptake among staff and clients
- Reinforced essential infection control measures in congregate settings
- Provided recommendations for sustainable long-term COVID-19 response
- Reviewed the latest COVID-19 response guidelines and answer participant questions
Tags: CoC ESG COVID-19