Pandemic Recovery Webinar Series: Strategies for Promoting COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence
April 14, 2021 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
With COVID-19 vaccination efforts increasing across the country each day, promoting COVID-19 vaccine confidence is crucial to ensure that racial and economic equity remains at the forefront of our country's pandemic recovery. This is especially important for HUD-assisted households and communities, who are not only disproportionately affected by COVID-19, but also have fewer opportunities to access the COVID-19 vaccines and educational materials that help combat vaccination hesitancy and misinformation.
This webinar focused on:
- COVID-19 vaccine myths and misinformation
- Barriers to COVID-19 vaccine access and administration for racial and ethnic minority populations
- Resources and tools that community partners can use to share COVID-19 vaccine information to improve awareness and promote use of the COVID-19 vaccines
- Engaging with trusted community members and leaders and recruiting community health workers to build trust and boost vaccine confidence
- Efforts to outreach and vaccinate underserved and hard-to-reach communities, including agricultural workers and public housing residents
- Funding opportunities from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
This webinar is part of a webinar series promoting COVID-19 vaccine confidence. Learn more about the Pandemic Recovery - COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence and Community Engagement Successes Webinar Series.
Related Materials and Resources
Tags: Promise Zones Initiative COVID-19