Rural Gateway Call: Community-Based Rural Economic Development and Infrastructure Projects
June 28, 2017 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
The Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development (ORHED) invites you to take part in our next Peer-to-Peer conference call. Scheduled for June 28, 2017, this call will offer participants the opportunity to learn about a recent study of two rural housing and economic development programs that were administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The mission of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination, and transform the way HUD does business.
Leaders of HUD and Econometrica, Inc. will share their knowledge of successfully implementing activities that have expanded and created opportunities for those living in rural and tribal communities. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions about the case studies and establish contacts for future reference.
Join HUD's Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development (ORHED) and HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R) as we engage community leaders in this open forum on community-based rural economic development and infrastructure. Speakers will include:
- Jackie L. Williams, Ph.D., Moderator, Director, Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development, Community Planning and Development, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development;
- Dr. Mark Shroder, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy Development, Office of Policy Development and Research, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Dr. Lindley (Lee) Higgins, Econometrica, Inc., Bethesda, Maryland
- Doray Sitko, M.S.Ed., PMP, Econometrica, Inc., Bethesda, Maryland
Topics to be discussed:
- Study Overview
- Community-Based Rural Economic Development and Infrastructure Case Studies
Format of the call:
Please RSVP by email to email@example.com no later than close of business Friday June 23, 2017. Please include your name and organization.
Call-in instructions and additional materials will be emailed to participants Tuesday, June 27, 2017. The 60 minute call will include presentations and a Q&A session.
If you have any questions, please call 1-877-RURAL-26 (1-877-787-2526).
Related Materials and Resources