Responding to the Housing Challenges Posed by the Pandemic – Session 1
July 13, 2020 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
The Responding to COVID-19 webinar series presented COVID-19 pandemic resources for small units of general local government (UGLGs). Specifically, the webinars provided digestible information on how small UGLGs may access public funding, data, and other resources made available due to the pandemic.
The webinar series consisted of a total of six sessions spread across three topic areas: housing, health, and economic development. Each topic area consisted of two webinar sessions.
The first housing webinar session focused on:
- An introduction of the topic
- How jurisdictions can use the additional Community Development Block Grant - Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) funds to support their efforts
- How jurisdictions can formulate a housing strategy that is responsive to changing community needs, priorities, and funding opportunities
Based on participant feedback in this session, the second housing webinar delved deeper in one of these areas or on specific topics within both.
This webinar helped small UGLGs to:
- Understand the breadth of relevant and accessible resources available to assist small UGLGs in the ongoing work of support, stabilization, and recovery for their community's housing needs
- Provide small UGLGs with enough information so they can take that knowledge and turn it into implementable actions
- Connect to tools and resources available for support, stabilization, and recovery
Who Should Attend?
This series was intended for small UGLGs that are looking to access resources and connect with organizations providing support for how to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The series was of special interest to city managers or mayors, finance directors or treasurers, community planning development directors, economic development directors, and active consultants working with small UGLGs on housing, health/childcare, or economic development projects.
Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Deliveries
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Responding to COVID-19 Registrar | Huddistressedcitieswebinars@lisc.org
Tags: CDBG Entitlement CDBG HUD Administered CDBG Insular Areas CDBG State DCTA EDI ESG COVID-19