Recovery Strategies Related to COVID-19 for Small Business Districts - Session 2
August 25, 2020 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
This webinar series presented COVID-19 pandemic resources for small units of general local government (UGLGs). Specifically, the webinars provided digestible information on how small UGLGs may access public funding, data, and other resources made available due to the pandemic.
The webinar series consisted of a total of six sessions spread across three topic areas: housing, health, and economic development. Each topic area consisted of two webinar sessions.
In this webinar, we explored the importance of placing attention on all the social determinants of health, focused not only on the immediate health crisis, but also on the key aspects of community well-being. Through presentations and an interactive, moderated discussion focused on practical applications, the following topics were addressed:
The second economic development webinar session:
- Held presentations from economic development program and external community-based experts
- Delved deeper into how jurisdictions can use the additional Community Development Block Grant - Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) funds to support their efforts and leverage those funds with other available resources
This webinar series helped small UGLGs to:
- Understand the breadth of relevant and accessible resources available to assist small UGLGs in the ongoing work of support, stabilization, and recovery for their community's economic development needs
- Have enough information so they can take that knowledge and turn it into implementable actions
- Connect to tools and resources available for support, stabilization, and recovery
Who Should Attend?
This series was intended for small UGLGs that are looking to access resources and connect with organizations providing support for how to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The series was of special interest to city managers or mayors, finance directors or treasurers, community planning/development directors, and economic development directors, as well as any active consultants the small UGLG is working with related to housing, health/childcare, and economic development.
Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Deliveries
Related Materials and Resources
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Responding to COVID-19 Registrar | Huddistressedcitieswebinars@lisc.org
Tags: CDBG Entitlement CDBG HUD Administered CDBG Insular Areas CDBG State DCTA EDI ESG COVID-19