RAD Mod Rehab Workshop - Seattle, WA
June 11, 2019 | 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM PDT
Henry M. Jackson Federal Building
HUD’s overview of the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) for Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation and Moderate Rehabilitation Single Room Occupancy (SRO) properties presents a great opportunity for those seeking to recapitalize and preserve their affordable housing properties. RAD enables you to:
- Improve and modernize through capital repairs
- Stabilize by placing your property on solid financial footing
- Safeguard long-term rental assistance for your current and future tenants
The workshop is an opportunity to learn how RAD can help meet the needs of properties in the Seattle area, and to meet HUD experts and other stakeholders.
The workshop teaches owners of Section 8 Mod Rehab and Mod Rehab SRO properties to:
- Describe how RAD could place properties on a sound financial footing
- Define how RAD enables owners to obtain long-term section 8 contracts that can be used to leverage funds for capital improvements
Who Should Attend?
Owners, agents, local government, public housing agencies, and Continuum of Care (CoC) agencies who are interested in long-term preservation of Mod Rehab and McKinney-Vento SRO Mod Rehab properties.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
The event is being held in a federal government building. Guests without a federal ID enter via metal detector screening, so please allow for time to check in. Private pay parking lots and garages are available for those who are driving to the workshop.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Shalonda Lincoln | Shalonda.S.Lincoln@hud.gov | 202-402-2617
Tags: SRO RAD