Public Housing Repositioning Strategies for Small Public Housing Agencies Webinar Series
November 12-21, 2019
Nationwide there is a large and growing backlog of capital needs in public housing, estimated at $26 billion in 2010. Does your housing agency have a public housing program with unmet capital needs? Are you interested in learning more about public housing repositioning strategies available to your agency? Join this four-part webinar series to learn various affordable housing strategies to assess your public housing portfolio and determine the best repositioning tool to address your local needs.
Topics covered during the four-part webinar series:
- Why reposition public housing?
- What are my options?
- General overview of public housing repositioning strategies: Section 18: Demolition/Disposition, Streamlined Voluntary Conversion and Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)
- Special topics related to public housing repositioning: Intersection with Project-Based Vouchers and Public Housing Closeout
Participants will learn how to enable small Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) to:
- Understand various asset repositioning strategies
- Identify appropriate repositioning strategies to adopt at their agencies to address capital improvement and maintenance backlog of their public housing portfolios
Who Should Attend?
This webinar series is intended for PHA staff, PHA Board Members, and industry representatives who work with PHAs interested in improving their public housing portfolio.
Webinar Series Format
The webinar series includes four sessions. Each webinar will be held from 1:00 - 4:00 PM EST. The webinar dates are:
- Part 1: November 12, 2019
- Part 2: November 14, 2019
- Part 3: November 19, 2019
- Part 4: November 21, 2019
Participants are expected to attend all four sessions. Your participation in each session is essential to successfully completing the course.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Janelle Beverly | firstname.lastname@example.org