Preparing for and Responding to Active Shooter Incidents for Local Governments Webinar
January 31, 2023 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
This webinar will serve as an indispensable resource for Distressed Cities Technical Assistance (DCTA) eligible localities in effectively developing and implementing active shooter community violence prevention, and resilience programs.
With subject matter experts and interactive polling, the webinar will provide practical guidance to help local communities prevent and recover from active shooter incidents and offer best practices for ensuring community resiliency.
Participants will learn about:
- What constitutes as an active shooter incident
- Applying vital steps for active shooter planning and preparedness
- Employing critical protocols for immediate response to an active shooter situation
- Summarizing essential procedures for early, mid-term, and long-term recovery
- Accessing resources and support available for active shooter planning and recovery
Who Should Attend?
This training is intended for local governments (communities with populations under 50,000 people) and their partners, technical assistance providers, and HUD DCTA stakeholders.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
To view DCTA-related training and resources, go to:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Preparing for and Responding to Active Shooter Incidents Registrar | email@example.com