PHA Disaster Readiness, Response, and Recovery Webinar Series: Extreme Temperatures
July 12, 2022 | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
This webinar introduces public housing agencies (PHAs) to best practices in disaster management, specifically in the face of extreme temperatures: summer heat and winter storms.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Effective steps to take prior to a disaster
- Disaster response, including assessment of business operations, residents, and housing stock
- Recovery activities
- Initial actions and short-term recovery
- Identifying types of assistance and eligibility
- Required documentation
This webinar is part of an ongoing series that provides PHAs with proactive strategies and resources to mitigate and respond to natural disasters and building fires. View all webinars in the PHA Disaster Readiness, Recovery and Resource Webinar Series.
Participants will learn about:
- Best practices for PHAs to prepare for and respond to extreme heat or winter weather conditions that impact their families and buildings
- Resources and information to PHAs to ensure faster, more efficient disaster response and recovery
Who Should Attend?
This training is intended for all PHAs, their staff, and local disaster responders located in areas vulnerable to extreme heat and winter storms.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
PHA Disaster Readiness, Response, and Recovery Webinar Series Registrar| firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Public Housing and Voucher Programs