PHA Disaster Readiness, Response, and Recovery Webinar Series: Building Fires
September 06, 2022 | 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
This webinar introduced public housing agencies (PHAs) to best practices in disaster management, specifically when impacted by a building fire.
Topics discussed included:
- Effective steps to take prior to a disaster
- Disaster response, including assessment of business operations, residents, and housing stock
- Recovery activities
- Initial actions and short-term recovery
- Identifying types of assistance and eligibility
- Required documentation
This webinar is part of a series that provides PHAs with pro-active strategies and resources to mitigate and respond to natural disasters, extreme temperatures, and building fires. View all webinars in the PHA Disaster Readiness, Recovery and Resource Webinar Series.
Participants learned about:
- Best practices for PHAs to prepare for and respond to building fire that impact their families and buildings
- Resources and information to ensure faster, more efficient disaster response and recovery
Who Should Attend?
This training was intended for all PHAs, their staff, and local disaster responders.
- PHA Disaster Preparedness page on HUD.gov
- PHA Disaster Readiness, Response, and Recovery Fact Sheets
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
PHA Disaster Readiness, Response, and Recovery Webinar Series Registrar| firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Public Housing and Voucher Programs