PHA Disaster Readiness, Response, and Recovery Webinar Series: Hurricanes
April 19, 2022 | 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
This webinar introduced public housing agencies (PHAs) to best practices in disaster management, specifically in the face of a hurricane.
Topics discussed included:
- Effective steps to take prior to a disaster
- Disaster response, including assessment of business operations, residents, and housing stock
- Recovery activities
- Initial actions and short-term recovery
- Identifying types of assistance and eligibility
- Required documentation
This webinar is part of a series that provides PHAs with pro-active strategies and resources to mitigate and respond to natural disasters and building fires. View all webinars in the PHA Disaster Readiness, Recovery and Resource Webinar Series.
Participants learned about:
- Best practices for PHAs to prepare for and respond to hurricanes that impact their families and buildings
- Resources and information to PHAs to ensure faster, more efficient disaster response
Who Should Attend?
This training was intended for all PHAs, their staff, and local disaster responders located in areas vulnerable to hurricanes.
- PHA Disaster Preparedness page on HUD.gov
- PHA Disaster Readiness, Response, and Recovery Fact Sheets
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
PHA Disaster Readiness, Response, and Recovery Webinar Series Registrar | email@example.com