PHA Best Practices During COVID-19: Resuming Inspections, Deferred Maintenance & Work Order Backlog
July 29, 2021 | 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
COVID-19 has created unique challenges for public housing agencies (PHAs) with public housing inventory. Local social distancing requirements have limited agencies ability to provide routine maintenance and in some cases, agencies have suspended all non-emergency work orders.
This webinar discussed some of the challenges PHAs are facing in regards to maintaining physical conditions of public housing units including preparing to resume inspections and addressing any backlog of work orders.
This webinar is part of a webinar series that provides PHAs with best practices, recommendations, and solutions related to improving operations, program compliance, and financial management during the COVID-19 pandemic. View other trainings in the PHA Best Practices During COVID-19 Webinar Series.
- Learned how PHAs can work with residents to gain access to units for inspection and maintenance
- Learned how to prepare for resuming annual inspection
- Understood approaches for assessing deferred maintenance and backlog of work orders
- Learned how to maintain safety for maintenance staff and residents and comply with health guidelines
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was relevant to PHA staff at all levels of Housing Choice Voucher and public housing programs including property management, inspections, housing specialist, and program management staff.
- Case Study: Housing Authority of Washington County, OR
- Handout: What to Consider
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
PHA Best Practices During COVID-19 Webinar Series Registrar | HUDCC.Trainings@iem.com
Tags: HCV COVID-19