PHA Best Practices During COVID-19 Webinar Series: Continuing to Engage with Landlords
April 08, 2021 | 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
The CARES Act provides HUD with funding to make additional administrative fees to Housing Choice Voucher Programs (HCV) to prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19. The permitted use for these supplemental fees include covering the costs related to retaining and supporting participating owners.
This webinar provided Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) with strategies for outreach to owners and provide them with incentives to lease to HCV families during the COVID-19 pandemic. This session examined strategies and incentives implemented by several housing agencies along with their lessons learned. Additionally, the webinar provided best practices for tracking and reporting the use of funding for this purpose.
This webinar is part of a webinar series that provides PHAs with best practices, recommendations, and solutions related to improving operations, program compliance, and financial management during the COVID-19 pandemic. View other trainings in the PHA Best Practices During COVID-19 Webinar Series.
- Understood the permitted use of funding provided to retain and support participating owners and encourage new owners leasing to HCV families during the pandemic
- Learned practical strategies and landlord incentives to encourage leasing for HCV families during the pandemic
- Reviewed how other housing agencies implemented strategies for engaging landlords using COVID-19 funding
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was relevant to PHA staff at all levels of HCV and Public Housing programs including property management, inspections, housing specialist, and program management staff.
- Case Study - Memphis Housing Authority
- Handout - Long-Term Investments During COVID-19
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
PHA Best Practices During COVID-19 Webinar Series Registrar | HUDCC.Trainings@iem.com
Tags: HCV COVID-19