Part 58 Environmental Review Training (Region II) - New York, NY
March 24-26, 2020
26 Federal Plaza
36th Floor, Room 108
New York, NY 10278
This three-day, mid-level, in-depth training is intended for staff responsible for environmental reviews conducted under 24 CFR Part 58 for HUD-funded activities. The purpose of this course is to provide HUD grantees with a comprehensive understanding of how to demonstrate and document compliance with Part 58 and its related environmental laws.
This training is free of charge.
The training topics include:
- Basic Environmental Training/24 CFR 58
- Project Classification/Environmental Determination
- Environmental Review Procedures (Environmental Assessment factors and Statutory factors)
- Environmental Review Records Content
- Reevaluation of the Environmental Finding, and Releases of Funds
- Compliance with the Laws and Authorities at 58.5 and 58.6:
- Historic Properties
- Endangered Species
- Environmental Justice
- Site Contamination
- Wetland Protection
- Floodplain Management
- National Flood Insurance Program
- HUD Environmental Review Online System (HEROS) process among other topics
Who Should Attend?
Region 2 HUD entitlement communities and State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Small Cities community staff responsible for the environmental process or involved with environmental reviews under 24 CFR Part 58 regulations.
*This training is not recommended for personnel who do not, or will not, actively participate in the environmental review process.
Dates: March 24 - 26, 2020
Sessions: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM EDT
Advanced registration is required; no walk-ins.
To register, please e-mail Lynn.Rakos@hud.gov the following information for each participant:
- Agency or Organization
- Phone number
- Email address
The deadline for registration is March 17, 2020.
Materials will be provided to each participant. There is no fee for this training.
Tags: HEROS Environmental Review