OZ Webinar Series: Develop Your OZ Action Plan to Build or Strengthen Your Local OZ Ecosystem
December 15, 2020 | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Building upon the first two webinars in the series, this webinar will provide innovative examples of Opportunity Zone (OZ) ecosystems created for small- and medium-sized cities, with special focus on Qualified Opportunity Fund (QOF) formation and market, diversity of QOF real estate and business investments, and best practices for community engagement to bolster investments in OZs.
This webinar is part of the Bolstering Growth in OZs Webinar Series, which the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council and HUD are hosting for local economic development leaders and stakeholders in communities with designated OZs. This webinar series will assist participants in developing their own action plan to support short- and long-term community objectives for potential investments in OZs. National and local experts will provide illustrative examples, tips, and resources focused on:
- Understanding local needs and the current environment
- Aligning place-based assets and resources
- Establishing policy tools and investments
- Partnering with aligned organizations
- Measuring social impact
View all webinars in the Bolstering Growth in OZs Webinar Series.
Participants will gain a better understanding of:
- How to use HUD’s OZ Toolkits Volume 1 and Volume 2 as guidance to help support the development of an action plan for their OZs to attract private and public capital
- How OZ private incentives are bolstering economic development in communities
- How OZ public incentives and funding have been leveraged and can be leveraged for local economic development
- How to build local community engagement strategies to ensure equitable outcomes that meet the needs of both the community and its residents
Who Should Attend?
This webinar series is intended for local leaders in communities with federally designated OZs, including public officials, community development professionals, nonprofit organizations, civic leaders, and other local economic development stakeholders. Other individuals interested in OZs, including current and potential investors, are encouraged to attend.
Prior to the webinar, participants are encouraged to review HUD’s OZ Toolkits:
- Volume 1: A Roadmap to Planning for Economic Development within Opportunity Zones
- Volume 2: A Guide to Local Best Practices and Case Studies
Additional Information and Resources
Visit the Opportunity Zones page on HUD.gov for guidance and additional resources.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Bolstering Growth in OZs Webinar Series Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: CDBG Entitlement CDBG HUD Administered CDBG Insular Areas CDBG State EDI Rural Capacity Building