Overview of Pilot Recovery Housing Program Federal Register Notice Webinar
December 03, 2020 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST
The Office of Block Grant Assistance (OBGA) hosted a webinar to review the Recovery Housing Program (RHP) Federal Register Notice (FR-6225-N-01). This pilot program will provide stable, temporary housing to individuals in recovery from a substance use disorder. Understanding the Notice is a crucial step for grantees to design a successful program.
The Notice limits RHP eligible activities to: public facilities and improvements; acquisition and disposition of real property; payment of lease, rent, and utilities; rehabilitation and reconstruction of both single family, multifamily, and public housing; new construction; clearance and demolition; relocation; administration; and technical assistance. The Notice also encourages coordination with other federal substance abuse-related assisted partners.
The presentation discussed key points of the Notice, including:
- The RHP Action Plan and application (separate from the Consolidated Plan)
- Options to award funds to any entitlement and non-entitlement units of general local government, Indian tribes, or tribally designated housing entities
- The option for state grantees to directly carry out activities or award funds to nonprofit subrecipients
Participants were able to:
- Describe the general requirements in the RHP Notice, including the program purpose, national objectives, and eligible uses of funds
- Begin evaluating options for how they will design their program
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was intended for RHP grantees and partners.
Related Materials and Resources
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Pilot Recovery Housing Program Federal Register Notice Overview Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: CDBG Entitlement CDBG HUD Administered CDBG Insular Areas CDBG State RHP