NeighborWorks Training: Foreclosure Intervention Services During Disaster Recovery
April 14, 2022
After a disaster, many homeowners may find themselves unable to make their mortgage payments and may be at risk of losing their homes. This training prepares housing counselors to guide homeowners through this critical aspect of housing recovery.
The training includes a review of:
- Information and up-to-date resources relating to the most current disasters, principally COVID-19, and programs offered under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Different types of disasters and what designates a presidentially-declared disaster
- Disaster loss mitigation options available to homeowners who have FHA, VA, USDA, and confirming loans
- Scam prevention
- Mortgage moratoriums
- Credit impacts
- Waivers of late fees and penalties
- How to guide homeowners through the special loss mitigation tools of disaster recovery
The training also provides guidance on the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and how federal and state disaster declarations help protect homeowners.
For questions about this training, contact NeighborWorks at email@example.com or 800-438-5547.
Tags: Housing Counseling Program COVID-19