NCRC Training: Disaster Program Management - Designing, Implementing, and Managing
September 30 - October 2, 2020
This training assists housing counseling agencies in developing plans to mitigate loss, becoming a trusted community resource, and helping individuals impacted by a disaster. This training also provides a step-by-step guide on how to create disaster response action plans that are responsive to your location and unique needs of your community.
This training covers:
- Activities that a housing counseling agency can deliver under a Housing Counseling Agency Disaster Program
- Potential barriers that occur post-disaster and how to create processes to overcome them
- How to deliver one-on-one counseling, group education, foreclosure prevention, and other customized services, in the event your agency has suffered a negative disaster impact
- How to create a system to access local, state, or federal disaster funding
- The delivery model for CDBG-DR funds
- HUD's Housing Counseling Disaster Recovery toolkits
- Insurance claims processing and the connection between consumer insurance reimbursement and access to disaster funding
For questions about this training, contact NCRC at email@example.com or (202) 524-4884.
National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC)
Tags: Housing Counseling Program