NCRC Training: Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Counseling
September 28-29, 2020
This training prepares housing counselors for a natural disaster in the midst of COVID-19. The training addresses steps to take after a disaster occurs and where housing counselors can seek help for the residents they serve.
The training covers how to:
- Access and utilize various disaster-related resources
- Help manage expectations, mitigate further loss, and serve as a valuable resource to persons and communities directly or indirectly impacted by disasters
- Maximize post-disaster opportunities to increase your services offered
- Work with community stakeholders in preparing for and responding to disasters in communities
- Strengthen your community by helping residents become prepared for other natural disasters while still maintaining "COVID Smart" practices
The training also reviews the role housing counselors play in preparing their agency for a disaster.
For questions about this training, contact NCRC at email@example.com or (202) 524-4884.
National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC)
Tags: Housing Counseling Program COVID-19