Moving On Webinar Series: Moving On Resources
March 17, 2021 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
As part of its strategic priority to end homelessness, HUD encourages communities to explore Moving On strategies for clients in permanent supportive housing (PSH) who may no longer need or want the intensive services offered but continue to need rental assistance to maintain their housing. Moving On strategies rely on partnerships between the Continuum of Care (CoC), PSH providers including Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) providers, and mainstream housing programs, such as public housing, the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, and HUD-funded multifamily housing providers.
This webinar, designed for CoCs and PSH providers, covered the affordable housing resources available for tenants moving on from PSH. Participants learned how to partner with housing providers to connect tenants moving on from PSH with affordable housing options.
This webinar is part of the Moving On Webinar Series which equips communities with the information they need to implement Moving On strategies and programs. View all webinars in the Moving On Webinar Series.
Participants learned how to:
- Outline the key types of resources used in Moving On initiatives and the most common sources of funding
- Use the HUD Resources Inventory to assess potential sources of funding they can put together locally to get a Moving On initiative off the ground
- Engage PHAs and other key housing resource holders around potential partnerships for Moving On programs
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was intended for CoCs, PSH providers, HOPWA providers, government housing and services agencies, and private funders. This webinar will be particularly useful for system leaders, such as CoC leads, as well as PSH leadership interested in expanding options for tenants.
Related Materials and Resources
- CoC and Housing Authority of the City of Miami Beach Moving Up Strategy Coordination Handbook
- Miami-Dade CoC Moving Up Application and Assessment
- Miami-Dade County Homeless Trust Video Tutorial: Completing a Moving Up Assessment in HMIS
- Miami-Dade CoC Moving On Tenant Flyer
- Miami-Dade CoC Moving On Security Deposit Request Form
- Miami-Dade CoC Moving Up: Withdrawal Form
- PHA Moving On How-to Guide
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Moving On Webinar Series Registrar | Fedta@csh.org
Tags: CoC HOPWA Housing Choice Voucher Program HUD-VASH MTW