Moving On Webinar Series: Moving On for PHAs
March 18, 2021 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
As part of its strategic priority to end homelessness, HUD encourages communities to explore Moving On strategies for clients in permanent supportive housing (PSH) who may no longer need or want the intensive services offered but continue to need rental assistance to maintain their housing. Moving On strategies rely on partnerships between the Continuum of Care (CoC), PSH providers including Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) providers, and mainstream housing programs, such as public housing, the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, and HUD-funded multifamily housing providers.
In this webinar, housing administrators, owners, and operators learned the benefits of partnering with CoCs and PSH providers to provide housing to tenants leaving PSH. This webinar will cover how to create a Moving On preference or set-aside within housing programs as well as how to partner to support Moving On, and provide helpful examples, tools, and resources.
This webinar is part of the Moving On Webinar Series which equips communities with the information they need to implement Moving On strategies and programs. View all webinars in the Moving On Webinar Series.
Participants learned how to:
- Engage with CoCs, PSH providers, and other community partners around Moving On and how they can be involved
- Develop and implement preferences or set-asides for Moving On clients
- Identify ways that Moving to Work (MTW) Demonstration PHAs can utilize flexibilities to support Moving On initiatives
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was intended for PHAs, HUD Multifamily property operators, affordable housing owners and operators, landlords, and other holders of housing resources.
Related Materials and Resources
- CoC and PHA Collaboration: Strategies for CoCs to Start the Partnership Collaboration
- Notice PIH 2013-15 (HA)
- PHA Moving On How-to Guide
- PHA Guide to Creating Capacity in Permanent Supportive Housing by Providing Opportunities for People to Move Up
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Moving On Webinar Series Registrar | Fedta@csh.org
Tags: CoC HOPWA Housing Choice Voucher Program HUD-VASH MTW