LSHR Amendment Training for HUD Funded Recipients Who Administer TBRA - Kansas City, KS
July 23, 2019 | 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM CDT
Kansas City, KS - HUD Field Office
400 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS
Do you know how the amendment in the Lead Safe Housing Rule (LSHR) affects your work as a public housing agency (PHA), grantee, or assisted housing owner? HUD’s Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes (OLHCHH) is pleased to announce the 2019 Lead Safe Housing Rule Amendment Trainings coming to a HUD Office near you.
These free 3-hour trainings help you review federal lead regulations and discuss the LSHR Amendment for pre-1978 housing. Presenters provide a step-by-step explanation of how PHAs, grantees, and owners respond to cases of elevated blood lead levels in children less than 6 years old living in a federally assisted housing unit.
- HUD has released the initial schedule of trainings, but will continue to reassess the training schedule based on demand.
- Additional deliveries may be added to locations with a high demand.
- If you cannot attend an in-person training, you will be able to participate in this training as a webinar in late Summer/early Fall 2019.
This training provides:
- A review on rules and requirements concerning lead safe work practices
- A description and discussion on the scope, requirements, and key definitions of the LSHR amendment
- An overview of available resources
Who Should Attend?
This training is intended for PHAs, grantees, and owners involved with Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) programs. Relevant TBRA programs include:
- Continuum of Care (CoC)
- HOME Program
- Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA)
- Indian Housing Block Grant Program (IHBG)
- Programs using Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
- Shelter Plus Care Program
- Supportive Housing Program
Do you work with conventional public housing or project-based rental assistance? Register for the LSHR Amendment Training for Conventional Public Housing and Project-Based Assistance Programs session. Please note, each person may only register for one session.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
Due to the limited availability of training seats, organizations are limited to 2 staff members from each organization. Additional staff will be waitlisted and permitted to register as space is available. Homeowners and HUD staff will be waitlisted and permitted to attend if the training does not reach capacity. If your organization conducts both TBRA and Conventional Public Housing/PBA, we recommend sending a different team member to each session or attending one in-person training and one webinar session.
Please note, your enrollment does not guarantee approval. You will receive a confirmation email once your enrollment has been approved. Please DO NOT make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive an email confirmation notice. HUD cannot be responsible for penalties incurred due to cancelled arrangements.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
HUD Exchange Trainings | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Lead-Based Paint