Lead Safe Housing Rule Webinar Series: Subparts J and K
February 3-25, 2021
HUD's Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes (OLHCHH) is hosting a webinar series that will review federal lead regulations with a focus on the Lead Safe Housing Rule (LSHR) activities:
- Subpart J for rehabilitation
- Subpart K for acquisition, leasing, support services, and operations
Presenters will provide a step-by-step explanation of how practitioners can create healthy housing while complying and documenting compliance with the LSHR.
Participants will learn:
- How the federal lead regulations apply to their housing activities and programs
- How to comply and document compliance with the key steps of lead hazard evaluation, reduction, and clearance
- How to keep residents protected from lead hazards during and after work is complete
Who Should Attend?
This series is relevant to Community Planning and Development (CPD) and Office of Native American Programs (ONAP) grantees and their subgrantees/subrecipients who administer Subpart J housing rehabilitation activities and Subpart K activities/programs (including homebuyer assistance).
This series includes four weekly, two-hour sessions on Wednesdays followed with a one-hour office hour session on Thursdays to review homework and answer questions related to that week's materials.
Registering will automatically register participants for all sessions in the series. All participants are expected to attend the first session of the series, then only attend the remaining sessions that apply to their work activities.
- Attend sessions 1, 2, and 3 if administering housing rehabilitation programs
- Attend sessions 1 and 4 if administering acquisition, homebuyer assistance, leasing, support services, and operations programs
- Attend all 4 sessions if administering multiple programs that include housing rehabilitation and any of the Subpart K activities
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
- Topic 1: Rehabilitation, Acquisition, Leasing, Support Services, or Operation
LSHR basics, disclosure, documentation
- Session 1: February 3, 2021 | 1:00 - 3:00 PM EST
- Office Hours: February 4, 2021 | 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
- Topic 2: Subpart J - Rehabilitation Planning Phase
Rehabilitation planning phase, calculating the level of assistance
- Session 2: February 10, 2021 | 1:00 - 3:00 PM EST
- Office Hours: February 11, 2021 | 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
- Topic 3: Subpart J - Rehabilitation Construction Phase
Rehabilitation construction phase, managing for compliance, occupant protections, ongoing maintenance
- Session 3: February 17, 2021 | 1:00 - 3:00 PM EST
- Office Hours: February 18, 2021 | 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
- Topic 4: Subpart K - Acquisition, Leasing, Support Services, and Operations
LSHR for homebuyer and acquisition assistance, LSHR for leasing, support services, or operations
- Session 4: February 24, 2021 | 1:00 - 3:00 PM EST
- Office Hours: February 25, 2021 | 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
All sessions will be recorded and posted to the HUD Exchange for viewing at a later date.
Visit the Lead-Based Paint page on the HUD Exchange for more information and resources on the LSHR and other federal lead regulations.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
LSHR Training Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Lead-Based Paint CDBG Entitlement CDBG HUD Administered CDBG Insular Areas CDBG State CoC ESG HOME HOPWA RHSP