Introduction to Repositioning for Public Housing Webinar Series - April 2020
April 7-16, 2020
Does your housing agency have a public housing program with unmet capital needs? Are you interested in taking advantage of the administrative flexibilities, additional financing sources, and funding consistency associated with the Section 8 program?
Join us for a four-part Introduction to Repositioning for Public Housing webinar series. The webinar series will outline the various repositioning tools and help you assess your public housing portfolio in order to determine the best repositioning tool for your local needs.
Topics covered during the four-part webinar series:
- Why reposition public housing
- What are my options
- Introductory overview of public housing repositioning strategies: Section 18: Demolition/Disposition, Section 22: Streamlined Voluntary Conversion (SVC), and Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)
- Special topics related to public housing repositioning: Intersection with Project-Based Vouchers and Public Housing Closeout
Participants will learn how to enable small Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) to:
- Understand various asset repositioning strategies
- Identify appropriate repositioning strategies to adopt at their agency to address capital improvement and maintenance backlog of their public housing portfolio
Who Should Attend?
This webinar series is intended for PHA staff, PHA Board Members, and industry representatives who work with PHA interested in improving their public housing portfolio.
Webinar Series Format
This webinar series includes four sessions. Participants are expected to attend all four sessions. Your participation in each session is essential to successfully completing the course.April 7, 2020 | 3:00 - 6:00 PM EDT
April 9, 2020 | 3:00 - 6:00 PM EDT
April 14, 2020 | 3:00 - 6:00 PM EDT
April 16, 2020 | 3:00 - 6:00 PM EDT
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Caila Prendergast | email@example.com
Tags: RAD Housing Choice Voucher Program Project-Based Voucher Program Public Housing Capital Fund