Increasing Access to Pre-Purchase Counseling Symposium: Scaling Pre-Purchase Housing Counseling
July 26, 2022 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
In this symposium, representatives from the California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA), Fannie Mae, UnidosUS discussed the critical elements of increasing access to pre-purchase housing counseling, including:
- CalHFA: Down payment assistance
- UnidosUS: Fee-for-service pilot projects
- Fannie Mae: Commitment to pre-purchase counseling and education
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) also provided an update on the Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) equitable housing plans. Housing counseling agencies (HCAs) learned how to develop strategies to scale pre-purchase counseling programs and build fee for service business models that better support making pre-purchase housing counseling more widely available.
- David Berenbaum, Deputy Assistant Secretary, HUD Office of Housing Counseling (OHC)
- Julia Gordon, Commissioner, FHA
- Todd Richardson, General Deputy Assistant Secretary, PD&R
- Sid Alvarado, Lead Housing Counseling Specialist, ICF
- Leda Bloomfield, Branch Chief, Coordination and Compliance, Office of Fair Lending Oversight, FHFA
- Gregory McDonald, Advisor, Affordable Lending, Fannie Mae
- Lautaro “Lot” Diaz, Vice President, Housing & Financial Empowerment, UnidosUS
- Hermond Palmer, Vice President of Outreach and Inclusion, National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Eric Johnson, Information Officer II, CalHFA
Participants learned about:
- Federal perspectives on racial equity and access to pre-purchase housing counseling
- Strategies for scaling pre-purchase counseling and fee for service business models
Who Should Attend?
This session was intended for HCAs and FHA Single Family Housing stakeholders.
Visit the Housing Counseling Archive page for more trainings presented by OHC.
A Webinar Certificate is available for this training. If you attended or completed the webinar, select the green Get Credit button. Once you have been enrolled and/or marked your completion, select Print Certificate.
Alternatively, if your completion has already been marked, log into your account and go to your Learning Transcript. Select the Course Name and click “Print Certificate”.
Not all HUD Exchange training offer Webinar Certificates.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Housing Counseling Symposium Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Housing Counseling Program