Implementing HUD's SAFMR Rule Training Series
This one-day training was intended for Designated Small Area Fair Market Rent (SAFMR) Public Housing Agencies (PHAs). Using a combination of lecture, group exercises, and case studies, the training provided detailed guidance on implementing SAFMRs.
- Key provisions of the Final SAFMR Rule and changes to the Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) program
- How to set and adjust payment standards
- How the transition to SAFMRs may affect payment standards
- How to handle decreases in payment standards for families under Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contract
- How to communicate with voucher holders and landlords about SAFMR
- Best practices for implementation and strategies to mitigate challenges
Who Should Attend?
This training was for the PHA staff person most directly involved in the implementation of SAFMR.
Related Materials and Resources
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
SAFMR Training Registrar | SAFMR@abtassoc.com
Tags: Housing Choice Voucher Program