How to Preserve and Recapitalize a Section 236 Property Webinar
April 30, 2015 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
This webinar held on April 30, 2015, provides important information on how to preserve the affordability and physical condition of Section 236 buildings, including both HUD-insured and Housing Finance Agency (HFA)-issued mortgages. The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Office of Recapitalization is hosting the training for Section 236 property owners, board members, consultants, and others involved in the oversight of properties with Section 236 mortgages.
Participants will learn:
- How to start preservation planning for a Section 236 property
- Financing considerations, including mortgage prepayment, IRP decoupling, and Flexible Subsidy Loan deferral
- Rental assistance options, including Section 8 contract renewal, Tenant Protection Vouchers, and RAD 2nd Component
- How to apply for HUD preservation-related approvals
- How HUD can help support an owner through the preservation process
This webinar is intended for owners, board members, consultants, and others involved in the oversight of properties with Section 236 mortgages.
For questions about the Section 236 program or specific projects, please email the Office of Recapitalization at email@example.com.
- Section 236 Preservation Webinar Slides
- Section 236 Preservation Checklist
- Section 236 Preservation Resources and Tools
Tags: Section 236