Housing Counseling Webinar: Disaster Recovery Through an Equity Lens
July 13, 2022 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
Housing counselors play a key role in promoting equitable outcomes for the clients they serve, and this responsibility is even more urgent in the wake of a disaster. This webinar provided a framework for thinking about equity in the disaster preparedness context and provided advice for promoting equity in the provision of disaster recovery housing counseling services.
Participants learned about:
- Equity as a broad definition and contextualized to the disaster recovery process
- The development of a model preparedness and response plan
- The role of housing counseling agencies (HCAs) in ensuring equity throughout the disaster recovery process
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was intended for HCAs.
Visit the Housing Counseling Webinar Archives page for more trainings presented by HUD’s Office of Housing Counseling (OHC).
A Webinar Certificate is available for this training. If you attended or completed the webinar, select the green Get Credit button. Once you have been enrolled and/or marked your completion, select Print Certificate.
Alternatively, if your completion has already been marked, log into your account and go to your Learning Transcript. Select the Course Name and click “Print Certificate”.
Not all HUD Exchange training offer Webinar Certificates.
- Coping with Trauma After a Disaster Occurs Fact Sheet
- Arabic Translation - اﻟﺗﻌﺎﻣل ﻣﻊ ﺻدﻣﺔ ﻣﺎ ﺑﻌد وﻗوع اﻟﻛﺎرﺛﺔ
- French Translation - Faire face à un traumatisme après une catastrophe
- German Translation - Bewältigung von Traumata nach einer Katastrophe
- Haitian Creole Translation - Fè fas ak Twomatis Apre yon Katastwòf Rive
- Korean Translation - 재난 발생 후 외상에 대처하기
- Lao Translation - ການ ັຮບືມ ັກບການບາດເ ັຈບ ຼ ັຫງຈາກເີກດໄພິພ ັບດ
- Mandarin Translation - 如何应对灾难发生后的创伤
- Portuguese Translation - Lidar com um trauma após uma catástrofe
- Spanish Translation - Cómo enfrentar los traumas después de un desastre
- Tagalog Translation - Pagharap sa Trauma Pagkatapos Maganap ang isang Sakuna
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Housing Counseling Webinar Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Housing Counseling Program