Housing Counseling 2021 Conference: Preventing Foreclosure Amid COVID-19
August 10, 2021 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
This session of the 2021 Office of Housing Counseling (OHC) Community Conference provided a national overview on foreclosures. Panelists covered trends and how housing counseling agencies can assist homeowners in understanding foreclosure prevention or mitigation options available to them, including HECM. Discussions included creating a path to success and housing stability.
- Sid Alvarado, Lead Housing Counseling Specialist, ICF, TA Provider: Sid Alvarado is a Lead Housing Counseling Specialist with ICF. With significant housing counseling experience, Sid focuses on utilizing educational platforms and economic development strategies to empower vulnerable populations.
- Joseph Sant, Subcontractor for ICF, TA Provider: Joseph Sant is General Counsel and Vice President of the Center for NYC Neighborhoods. Before this, Joseph was a Senior Attorney for Legal Services NYC.
- Jackie Boies, Senior Director of Housing and Bankruptcy Services, Money Management International (MMI): Jackie Boies is Senior Director of Housing and Bankruptcy Services at MMI, one of the largest national housing counseling intermediaries in the United States, where she has held a variety of leadership positions. She has significant credit, lending, and mortgage servicing experience. Jackie provides oversight for MMI's housing counseling programs, including the foreclosure, reverse mortgage, and pre-purchase counseling teams, as well as the Project Porchlight disaster recovery unit and Nevada 2-1-1 call center.
- Veronica DePotty, Departmental Analyst and HUD Grant Manager, Michigan State Housing Development Agency (MSHDA): Veronica DePotty serves as a Departmental Analyst and HUD Grant Manager for the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). She also serves as the primary point of contact and grant administrator to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Prior to working for MSHDA, Veronica worked for the NCCS Center for Nonprofit Housing.
- Beth Spring, Regulatory Implementation Fellow, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB): Beth Spring is a Regulatory Implementation Fellow with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Before this role, she served as the Senior Policy Advisory with the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- Amanda Ward, Servicing Relationship Manager, Federal Housing Administration (FHA): Amanda Ward is the Servicing Relationship Manager for the HUD National Servicing Center (NSC), which is a division of FHA's Office of Single-Family Asset Management. Prior to joining the Department in 2009, Amanda held a variety of positions throughout her career the private sector with large banks, wholesale and correspondent lenders, and real estate firms.
HUD's Office of Housing Counseling
Tags: Housing Counseling Program