Housing Counseling 2021 Conference: Partnerships that Support Community Based Housing Counseling
August 11, 2021 | 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT
Partnerships and collaborations created among intermediaries, SHFAs and LHCAs have the potential to reach larger numbers of consumers in need of the services they provide. This session of the 2021 Office of Housing Counseling (OHC) Community Conference focused on opportunities generated by these partnerships, strategies to leverage funding for housing counseling, and ways to eliminate barriers to collaboration.
- Karen Hoskins, Lead Housing Counseling Consultant, ICF, TA Provider: Karen Hoskins is a Lead Housing Counseling Consultant with ICF, and was formerly the Vice President of National Homeownership Programs and Lending at NeighborWorks America. Karen has experience in the areas of mortgage banking, loan originations, and homebuyer education and housing counseling.
- Bruce Dorpalen, Executive Director, National Housing Resource Center (NHRC): Bruce Dorpalen is the Executive Director of the nonprofit National Housing Resource Center (NHRC), which brings together the nonprofit housing counseling community on policy, program, and funding issues. Bruce has directed housing counseling programs, negotiated community reinvestment partnerships with over 40 banks, developed models for low-income mortgage underwriting which were used extensively by the industry, and created community-based outreach and education programs for minority, lower income, single parent, immigrant, and other underserved populations.
- Terri Redmond, Director of Counseling, Pennsylvania Housing: Terri Redmond is the Director of Counseling at the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency where she has primary responsibility for all activities and matters related to the agency funded housing counseling programs. Prior to this position, Terri served as the Manager of Counseling and Education with the same agency.
- Matt Ribe, General Counsel, National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC): Matt Ribe is General Counsel for the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC). At the NFCC, he is responsible for government relations at the state and federal level as well as managing the organization's Board of Trustees and member governance committees. Prior to joining the NFCC, Ribe worked as a Senior Analyst at Promontory Financial Group conducting mortgage audits as a part of the Independent Foreclosure review.
- Megan Wessels, Senior Director of the National Housing Counseling Program, NeighborWorks America: Megan Wessels is the Senior Director of the National Housing Counseling Program for NeighborWorks America. Prior to this position, Megan served as the Director of Counseling for the Baltimore Regional Housing Partnership. She has licenses and certifications in real estate, housing choice vouchers, and tax credit.
HUD's Office of Housing Counseling
Tags: Housing Counseling Program