Housing Counseling 2021 Conference: Emerging Innovations in Housing Counseling
August 12, 2021 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Technology is important to the work and sustainability of housing counseling agencies both now and in the future. This session of the 2021 Office of Housing Counseling (OHC) Community Conference featured some of the technological innovations designed to support organizations and the delivery of housing counseling services.
- Rachael Laurilliard, Lead, Community Development, ICF, TA Provider: Rachael Laurilliard serves as a Community Development Lead at ICF where she manages housing and community development technical assistance projects. In her role, Rachael focuses on leveraging technology to help state and local grantees implement federal funding.
- Lyndsay Burns, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Framework Homeownership: Lyndsay Burns is the Head of Strategic Initiatives for Framework Homeownership. Prior to joining Framework, Lyndsay worked for the Housing Partnership Network as the Director of Consumer Empowerment & Homeownership Pathways. In her time at HPN she was responsible for managing its network of housing counseling agencies, including the National Foreclosure Mitigation and HUD Housing Counseling grant Programs, and played a lead role in the development of the Launchpad CMS in collaboration with network members and industry partners.
- Rod McGinniss, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Greenpath: Rod McGinniss leads business development for GreenPath and Homeownership Preservation Foundation. He is responsible for developing strategies and solutions to bring financial wellness services to mortgage lending institutions. Rod has experience in mortgage finance and capital markets, and has held senior leadership roles in business development, sales, institutional investor management, and mortgage asset trading.
- Kevin Prophet, Director of Business Applications, NeighborWorks America: Kevin Prophet is the Director of Business Applications at NeighborWorks America where he conducts research and the development and implementation of strategies and action plans related to homeownership business applications.
- Milt Sharp, President, eHome America: Milt Sharp, Jr., serves as president of Community Ventures Corporation's eHome Network, including eHome America, a national on-line homebuyer pre-purchase education program. eHome America today includes 600 member organizations counseling more than 550,000 families in all 50 states including the Virgin Islands, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
- David Young, Director of Capacity Building, Housing Action Illinois: David Young is Housing Action's Director of Capacity Building. David brings community development experience to Housing Action Illinois after previous positions as a CDC Executive Director, real estate developer, property manager and housing counseling group education leader. David is especially interested in using his past ED experiences as a resource for current and future executive directors. He serves on the Board of the Directors for the Illinois chapter of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials as well as the Alliance to End Homelessness in Suburban Cook County.
HUD's Office of Housing Counseling
Tags: Housing Counseling Program