Hear from Your Peers Webinar - Effective Coordination between Hospitals and CoC Homeless Assistance Providers Results in Improved Residential Stability and Reduced Costs
This webinar explored how three hospital systems – state, county and private nonprofit – coordinated with Continuum of Care homeless assistance grantees to reduce overuse of hospital emergency departments and frequent re-admissions, while improving discharge outcomes and expanding access for homeless patients to permanent housing and other needed community-based resources.
- Opening Remarks: Roula K. Sweis, M.A., Psy.D., Supervisory Program Advisor, HUD’s Office of the Assistant Secretary, Community Planning and Development
- Lisa Bahadosingh, Community Liaison for Regional Initiatives, Fairfield County, CT
- Joyce Platz, Executive Director, Residential Services, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Bridgeport, CT
- Corrin Buchanan, Program Manager, Housing for Health, LA County Health Services, Los Angeles, CA
- Lynn Kovich, Senior Consultant, Technical Assistance Collaborative, Boston, MA
Learning objectives include:
- Sharing innovative approaches at the state and local levels for connecting hospital and CoC resources to improve care and reduce costs for homeless and at-risk patients.
- Sharing information about successful solutions being implemented to leverage Medicaid and local resources to fund permanent housing interventions.
- Engaging with front-line experts who can offer access to cutting-edge information and suggest workable solutions for improved hospital discharge outcomes through braiding federal, state and local resources.
Related Materials and Resources
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Donald P. Chamberlain | 206-409-8588 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: HUD-VASH CoC HOPWA ESG Homelessness Prevention and Assistance HIV-AIDS Housing Programs