HCV Utilization Best Practices Webinar Series: Strategies to Maximize Use of SPVs
September 28, 2021 | 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
This webinar provided information to help public housing authorities (PHAs) set expectations for prioritizing Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) leasing and relative funding to best meet Special Purpose Voucher (SPV) goals with an emphasis on Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) voucher utilization. It included topics such as How to Prioritize SPV programs in the Voucher Issuance Process, New Award Funding, Recurring Award, Managing Waiting Lists, and more.
This webinar is part of a training series intended to assist public housing authorities (PHAs) with the financial management of their voucher programs and related funding. To access the related self-paced modules and other webinars, visit the HCV Utilization Training: Financial Management and Best Practices page.
- Reviewed the impact of increased Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) expenses and the resulting shortfall
- Discussed how to set expectations for prioritizing leasing to meet SPV goals
- Learned best practices on managing competing priorities from PHAs
Who Should Attend?
This training was intended for PHA employees serving HCV programs.
Related Materials and Resources
- Handout - Q&A
- Handout - Rental Resume Template
- Handout - VASH Federal Register Notice 2021-20734
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
HCV Utilization Best Practices Series Registrar| firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Housing Choice Voucher Program HUD-VASH