Fair Housing 2021: What Counselors Need to Know
November 16-17, 2021
HUD’s Offices of Housing Counseling and Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity are sponsoring a joint virtual conference for housing counselors to understand and participate in dialogue on Fair Housing requirements.
Conference goals include:
- Understand the responsibilities of the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity and its role in enforcing fair housing laws and regulations, as well as processing complaints
- Learn about the Fair Housing implications related to limited English proficient (LEP) individuals and tools and resources to support services for these clients
- Understand the rights for people with disabilities under the Fair Housing Act
- Learn about how the Fair Housing Act and HUD's Equal Access Rules apply to the LGBTQI+ community and how your agency can be of support to these clients
- Learn how to protect the rights of clients in disaster recovery
View the conference page for additional details. Conference registrants will be invited to engage with Whova before, during, and after the conference to enhance virtual engagement.
Who Should Attend?
This conference is open to all HUD-approved housing counseling agencies and their counselors.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
Additional Information and Resources
To find out more information about upcoming training and access materials from previous training, go to the Housing Counseling page on the HUD Exchange.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
OHC FHEO Conference Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Fair Housing Housing Counseling Program