Determining Income for the HOME Program
June 19, 2018 | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
This training, conducted by HUD's Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP), was intended for Participating Jurisdictions (PJs) and any housing partners responsible for verifying income eligibility and making adjusted income calculations for the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). The virtual delivery of the training provided an overview of the income definitions, required policies and procedures, timing, and documentation requirements.
The training agenda included:
- Income Basics
- Definitions and Household Composition
- Verification of Income
- Part 5 and IRS Definitions
- Adjusted Income and Tenant Based Rental Assistance
- Overview of CPD's income calculator
- Described the HOME Income definitions
- Provided training on how to properly calculate income for HOME eligibility and for recertification including setting rent levels for over income households
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was relevant for anyone who determines income eligibility, calculates HOME rent adjustments based on adjusted income, or reviews compliance for the HOME program. This would include PJ staff, Subrecipients, non-profit and Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO), and HOME property managers.
Related Materials and Resources
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
HOME Webinars Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org