Designing and Implementing an Emergency HOME TBRA Program Part 2: Developing Policies and Procedures
June 17, 2020 | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
HUD's Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP) hosted the second webinar in a 3-part series that guides HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) Participating Jurisdictions (PJs) on designing and implementing an emergency HOME Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The second webinar in the series focused on developing policies and procedures for an emergency TBRA program. While statutory suspensions and regulatory waivers announced on April 10, 2020 will help PJs accelerate program implementation, PJs must develop policies and procedures to ensure the efficient and compliant rollout of such programs.
This webinar discussed the policy options and practical procedural trade-offs associated with PJ choices such as:
- Target households and selection criteria
- Determining types and level of assistance
- Unit requirements
- Outreach and affirmative marketing
- Application processing and client intake
- Rental assistance contracts and leases
This resource is part of the Emergency HOME TBRA Toolkit.
Note: The HOME COVID-19 suspensions and waivers issued to facilitate the use of HOME-assisted TBRA for emergency and short-term assistance expires on September 30, 2021. All resources developed under the Emergency HOME TBRA Toolkit (sample templates and forms) are obsolete after September 30, 2021.
Attendees were able to:
- Make informed decisions about implementing a TBRA program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Consider the trade-off between policy decisions and rapid program implementation
Who Should Attend?
HOME PJs and subrecipients developing TBRA programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Other Webinars in this Series
- Emergency HOME TBRA Program – Design Crosswalk
- Emergency HOME TBRA Program – Program Design Decisions
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Designing and Implementing an Emergency HOME TBRA Program Registrar | HOMEWorkshops@tdainc.org