Recovery Strategies Related to COVID-19 for Small Business Districts - Session 1
July 28, 2020 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
The Helping Small Distressed Governments Respond to COVID-19 series presented COVID-19 pandemic resources for small units of general local government (UGLGs). Specifically, the webinars provided digestible information on how small UGLGs may access public funding, data, and other resources made available due to the pandemic.
This webinar series consisted of a total of six sessions spread across three topic areas: housing, health, and economic development. Each topic area consisted of two webinar sessions.
The first economic development webinar session focused on:
- Presentations from economic development program and external community-based experts
- How jurisdictions can use the additional Community Development Block Grant - Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) funds to support their efforts and leverage those funds with other available resources
Based on participant feedback in this session, the second economic development webinar delved deeper into the topics covered in the first session.
This webinar series helped small UGLGs to:
- Understand the breadth of relevant and accessible resources available to assist small UGLGs in the ongoing work of support, stabilization, and recovery for their community's economic development needs
- Have enough information so they can take that knowledge and turn it into implementable actions
- Connect to tools and resources available for support, stabilization, and recovery
Who Should Attend?
This series was intended for small UGLGs that are looking to access resources and connect with organizations providing support for how to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The series was of special interest to city managers or mayors, finance directors or treasurers, community planning/development directors, and economic development directors, as well as any active consultants the small UGLG was working with related to housing, health/childcare, and economic development.
Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Deliveries
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Responding to COVID-19 Registrar | Huddistressedcitieswebinars@lisc.org
Tags: CDBG Entitlement CDBG HUD Administered CDBG Insular Areas CDBG State DCTA EDI ESG COVID-19