CNA e-Tool: Using Narratives Effectively - 4/17/18
April 17, 2018 | 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EDT
This is part of a virtual classroom curriculum in which participants learn about various aspects of the Capital Needs Assessment (CNA) e-Tool, specifically, issues that HUD has detected that cause a CNA submission to be rejected. In this class, participants learn about how to put together useful narratives using the Narrative Worksheet in the Assessment tool and in the Notes and Comments fields on various worksheets. During the first part of the class, the instructor discusses tools and tips on including important information in the Narrative Worksheet, the Notes fields of the Components and Alternatives worksheet, and the Comments field of the Repair Replace Recommendations worksheet. During the second part of the class, participants ask questions and engage in a discussion about how to avoid using boilerplate language and getting down to specifics so that your HUD reviewer understands why you recommended certain courses of action.
- Learn how to use Narratives to help your HUD reviewer quickly review and accept your CNA e-Tool
- Understand where to access available resources and tools
- Discuss problem areas with the presenter and other participants
Who Should Attend
This training is intended for HUD-assisted or insured multifamily housing lenders, assessors, and owners.
Additional Registration Instructions
- The curriculum is: CNA e-Tool Virtual Classrooms
- The curriculum currently consists of four classes, each of which will be offered four times
- Each participant may take each of the four classes, but may only choose one of the four time slots each. In other words, if someone signs up for the “Using Narratives Effectively” class, they may only sign up for one time slot.
- Maximum participants per time slot: 15
- Others will be waitlisted
- HUD staff who sign up may be on the wait list only
- If there is space available 2 days before the class, individuals from the wait list will be allowed to join, whether they are HUD staff or not
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
CNA e-Tool Virtual Classroom Curriculum Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Program Requirements Reporting and Monitoring