CHDO Workshop: Understanding the 2013 HOME Final Rule - Charlotte, NC
August 5-7, 2014
Carol A. Hoefner Community Services Center
610 East 7th Street
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is pleased to announce a series of 2.5-day Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) training workshops that will be held during the spring and summer of 2014.
- To orient participants to important changes in the 2013 HOME Final Rule
- To provide detailed information about the Rule’s CHDO-specific provisions
- To help CHDOs and their Participating Jurisdiction (PJ) partners develop strategies to build and demonstrate the capacity needed to maintain CHDO status and receive HOME CHDO set-aside funds
Who Should Attend?
The workshop is primarily for CHDOs. CHDO registration must be approved by the PJ. The training is limited to CHDOs that meet one or more of these criteria:
- The organization has previously been designated as a CHDO by the PJ and been funded from the CHDO set-aside at least once since January 1, 2011
- The organization is one with whom the PJ is actively working toward an award of HOME funds. A limited number of spaces will also be available for PJ staff to attend the workshops with their CHDOs
A limited number of spaces will be available for PJ staff to attend the workshops with their CHDOs. To accommodate as many organizations as possible, attendance may be limited to one individual per organization.
Please keep in mind the following items when planning your organization’s attendance at this event:
- PJ staff may attend only if a CHDO from their jurisdiction also attends
- Training organizers will be asking PJs to verify that CHDOs who have registered meet the criteria
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Rachael Ballard | 203-241-2410 | email@example.com