CHDO Opportunities in HOME
HUD’s Office of Affordable Housing Programs is pleased to offer a two-day course targeted to representatives of prospective Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) and new staff of existing CHDOs. CHDO Opportunities in HOME is a training on the HOME CHDO Program regulatory requirements, including:
- The CHDO set-aside and the relationship between participating jurisdictions (PJs) and CHDOs;
- Criteria an organization must meet to be designated as a CHDO;
- Regulatory requirements pertaining to the development of homebuyer (i.e., for-sale) and rental housing;
- Definition of a CHDO’s role as an owner, sponsor, or developer of housing; and
- Incentives a PJ may provide to a CHDO, including operating, predevelopment assistance, and CHDO proceeds.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended as a general overview and is particularly suited to new CHDOs and new staff of existing CHDOs. PJ staff are welcome to register, but priority will be given to CHDO staff. PJ staff registration requests will not be confirmed until it is determined that space is available. Please note that submitting a registration request does not guarantee you a seat at the training. Due to limited space, registrations will be reviewed and approved prior to confirmation. You will receive a confirmation email if you are accepted into the training. Please do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive a confirmation email from the Training Point of Contact.
Note to registrants about events held in HUD facilities: the Department of Homeland Security Real ID Phase 3b Enforcement Rule is in effect. This rule does not allow access to Federal buildings by visitors presenting driver’s licenses from states whose IDs are not in compliance, currently: Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Washington. Visitors entering HUD Headquarters from these noncompliant states must present another form of identification, such as a Federal issued ID or passport upon entering the premises.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Beth Lindow | firstname.lastname@example.org