Self-Paced Online Training
CHDO Opportunities in HOME - Introduction
This self-paced online training is a comprehensive introduction and an important refresher on regulatory requirements for Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) under the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). It covers the latest requirements codified in the 2013 HOME Rule.
It includes discussion of:
- CHDO set-aside and the relationship between participating jurisdictions (PJs) and CHDOs
- CHDO organizational structure
- CHDO eligible activities including both for-sale and rental housing
- CHDO as owner, sponsor, or developer of housing
- Incentives a PJ may provide to a CHDO, including operating, predevelopment assistance, and CHDO proceeds
The course is interactive and includes a mix of audio and video presentations, learning checks, and links to related HOME resources. Participants can receive credit for the course in HUD Exchange Learn by passing a final quiz that reinforces key regulatory requirements applicable to CHDOs and their projects.
Training Overview and Demo
Instructions to Access the Training
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
HUD Exchange Learn Technical Questions: https://www.hudexchange.info/contact-us/