CDBG CARES Act Webinar Series: Economic Development Program Models
July 08, 2021 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) makes $5 billion in Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) response funds available to CDBG grantees. The CDBG-CV Federal Register Notice (FR-6218-N-01) was released on August 7, 2020. The notice described the allocations and grant procedures applicable to the CDBG-CV grants. It also described the program flexibilities, waivers, and alternative requirements that apply to the CDBG-CV grants as well as the fiscal year 2019 and 2020 CDBG grants.
This webinar provided an overview of CDBG-CV eligible economic development related activities and discussed how CDBG-CV funds and other resources can be used to address the current economic needs of communities impacted by COVID-19.
This webinar is part of the CDBG CARES Act Webinar Series which provided CDBG-CV grantees and subrecipients with important information on how these funds can be used to help communities prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus. View other trainings in the CDBG CARES Act Webinar Series.
CDBG-CV grantees increased their understanding of:
- How CDBG-CV funds can be used to address economic development needs in their communities
- How to set up and design economic development programs
- Possible program models that grantees can use when establishing economic development programs
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was primarily intended for CDBG-CV grantees and subrecipients.
Related Materials and Resources
- CDBG-CV Information and Resources
- CDBG COVID-19 Resources
- FR-6218-N-01: Notice of Program Rules, Waivers, and Alternative Requirements Under the CARES Act for CDBG-CV Grants, FY 2019 and 2020 CDBG Grants, and for Other Formula Programs
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
CDBG CARES Act Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: CDBG-CV COVID-19