Addressing Challenges to the Health and Childcare Systems - Session 2
September 21, 2020 | 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
The Responding to COVID-19 webinar series presented COVID-19 pandemic resources for small units of general local government (UGLGs). Specifically, the webinars provided digestible information on how small UGLGs may access public funding, data, and other resources made available due to the pandemic.
This was the final webinar in the series and it picked up where Addressing Challenges to the Health and Childcare Systems - Session 1 left off. The session moved from concepts and resources to an in-depth review of how this has played out on the ground. This session partnered the Local Initiatives Support Corporation's (LISC's) national health and childcare experts with government leadership to host a lively discussion that took a deep dive into the State of Rhode Island and its municipalities.
In this webinar, we explored the importance of placing attention on all the social determinants of health, focused not only on the immediate health crisis, but also on the key aspects of community well-being. Through presentations and an interactive, moderated discussion focused on practical applications, the following topics were addressed:
- Strategies and examples of how robust interagency collaboration can enhance community health and well-being
- Supporting the broad childcare needs of communities with a focus on resources, health and safety, family needs, and emerging trends
- Unique challenges for small cities and towns interfacing with state government
- Strategies for learning about and accessing available resources
- Examples of funding accessed and repurposed to bolster recovery efforts
- Innovative health approaches including digital access, food access, and more
This webinar series helped small UGLGs to:
- Understand the breadth of relevant and accessible resources available to assist small UGLGs in the ongoing work of support, stabilization, and recovery for their community's health and childcare needs
- Have enough information so they can take that knowledge and turn it into implementable actions
- Connect to tools and resources available for support, stabilization, and recovery
Who Should Attend?
This series was intended for small UGLGs that are looking to access resources and connect with organizations providing support for how to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The series was of special interest to city managers or mayors, finance directors or treasurers, community planning/development directors, and economic development directors, as well as any active consultants the small UGLG is working with related to housing, health/childcare, and economic development.
Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Deliveries
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Responding to COVID-19 Registrar | Huddistressedcitieswebinars@lisc.org
Tags: CDBG Entitlement CDBG HUD Administered CDBG Insular Areas CDBG State DCTA EDI ESG COVID-19