Addressing Challenges to the Health and Childcare Systems - Session 1
July 20, 2020 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
This webinar series presented COVID-19 pandemic resources for small units of general local government (UGLGs). Specifically, the webinars provided digestible information on how small UGLGs may access public funding, data, and other resources made available due to the pandemic.
The webinar series consisted of a total of six sessions spread across three topic areas: housing, health, and economic development. Each topic area consisted of two webinar sessions.
The first health webinar session focused on:
- The needs of federally qualified health centers and other primary care service providers
- Resources available to help those in small jurisdictions weather financial distress and successfully execute service changes such as transitions to telehealth
- The state of the childcare and early education industry and the role of local officials in supporting the re-opening/redevelopment of safe, quality care options as parents go back to work
Based on participant feedback in this session, the second health webinar delved deeper in one of these areas or on specific topics within both.
This webinar series helped small UGLGs to:
- Understand the breadth of relevant and accessible resources available to assist small UGLGs in the ongoing work of support, stabilization, and recovery for their community's health and childcare needs
- Have enough information so they can take that knowledge and turn it into implementable actions
- Connect to tools and resources available for support, stabilization, and recovery
Who Should Attend?
This series was intended for small UGLGs that are looking to access resources and connect with organizations providing support for how to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The series was of special interest to city managers or mayors, finance directors or treasurers, community planning/development directors, and economic development directors, as well as any active consultants the small UGLG was working with related to housing, health/childcare, and economic development.
Responding to COVID-19 Webinar Deliveries
Related Materials and Resources
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Responding to COVID-19 Registrar | Huddistressedcitieswebinars@lisc.org
Tags: CDBG Entitlement CDBG HUD Administered CDBG Insular Areas CDBG State DCTA EDI ESG COVID-19