2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series – Region IX – Delivery 3
November 16-18, 2021
Section 3 is a provision of the HUD Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. To the greatest extent possible, Section 3 requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance provide job training and employment opportunities to low- or very low-income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods.
Effective November 30, 2020, the new Section 3 Final Rule is designed to improve a focus on economic opportunity outcomes while simultaneously reducing the regulatory burden on those entities that receive those funds.
The Office of Field Policy and Management is hosting this three-day virtual training to review the purpose, scope, and intent of Section 3, and detail the new Section 3 Final Rule. It will include presentations, exercises, and knowledge checks.
This training is part of a training series taking place throughout 2021. Each training delivery is offered to grantees within a specific HUD Region. View other training deliveries in the 2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series.
The training will:
- Introduce the purpose and scope of Section 3
- Detail the Section 3 Final Rule and the key changes to the program
- Identify administrative and implementation requirements as a result of the Section 3 Final Rule
- Describe new Section 3 reporting requirements
- Identify relevant resources
Who Should Attend?
This training is available to Region IX grantees (AZ, CA, HI, and NV) only.
This three-day virtual training will include two hours of instruction per day.
You must commit to attending all three days of the training and be an active participant each day.
Space is limited. Register as early as possible to secure your spot. Each delivery covers the same content.
You may only register for and participate in one delivery for the HUD Region you are located in.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
- Slides - Region IX - Delivery 3 - Day 1
- Slides - Region IX - Delivery 3 - Day 2
- Slides - Region IX - Delivery 3 - Day 3
- Key Changes to the Section 3 Rule: Summary Chart
- Section 3 Business Concern Certification for Contracting
- Section 3 Exercises
- Section 3 HUD Compliance Review Checklist
- Section 3 Plan
- Section 3 Worker and Targeted Section 3 Worker Self-Certification
Other Classes for This Course
|2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series – Region III – Delivery 3||December 7-9, 2021||Online||
Dec 07, 2021
|2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series – Region X – Delivery 2||December 7-9, 2021||Online||
Dec 07, 2021
|2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series – Region VI – Delivery 3||December 14-16, 2021||Online||Registration Closed|
|2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series – Region VII – Delivery 2||December 14-16, 2021||Online||
Dec 14, 2021
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Section 3 Final Rule Training Series Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Section 3