2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series – Region V – Delivery 1
September 28-30, 2021
Section 3 is a provision of the HUD Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. To the greatest extent possible, Section 3 requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance provide job training and employment opportunities to low- or very low-income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods.
Effective November 30, 2020, the new Section 3 Final Rule is designed to improve a focus on economic opportunity outcomes while simultaneously reducing the regulatory burden on those entities that receive those funds.
The Office of Field Policy and Management sponsored this three-day virtual training to review the purpose, scope, and intent of Section 3, and detail the new Section 3 Final Rule. It included presentations, exercises, and knowledge checks.
View other training deliveries in the 2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series.
- Introduced the purpose and scope of Section 3
- Detailed the Section 3 Final Rule and the key changes to the program
- Identified administrative and implementation requirements as a result of the Section 3 Final Rule
- Described new Section 3 reporting requirements
- Identified relevant resources
Who Should Attend?
This training was relevant to Region V grantees (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI) only.
- Day 1 Recording
- Day 2 Recording
- Day 3 Recording
- Day 1 Slides
- Day 2 Slides
- Day 3 Slides
- Day 1 Transcript
- Day 2 Transcript
- Day 3 Transcript
- Section 3 Resources and Tools
- Section 3 Final Rule Training page
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Section 3 Final Rule Training Series Registrar | email@example.com
Tags: Section 3