2019 CDBG-DR Problem Solving Clinic: Day 1 - CDBG-MIT Grantees
July 30, 2019 | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
10100 College Boulevard
Overland Park, KS
HUD hosted a Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Problem Solving Clinic to educate CDBG-DR and CDBG Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) grantees on how to successfully and compliantly implement their programs.
Day 1 (July 30) was for CDBG-MIT grantees and their subrecipient staff only.
Days 2 and 3 (July 31 - August 1) were for all active CDBG-DR grantees and their subrecipient staff only.
The Clinic included trainings, peer to peer sessions, and one-on-one meetings with HUD and CDBG-DR expert staff to help grantees understand:
- CDBG-DR specific rules and requirements
- Federal Register Notices applicable to their allocation
- Cross Cutting Requirements
- Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting (DRGR) troubleshooting
- Useful tips and best practices for launching, designing, and implementing a CDBG-DR and CDBG-MIT program
The clinic also featured panels with experienced grantees and training opportunities for HUD Field Office Staff managing CDBG-DR grants.
- Beyond the Basics Emerging Mitigation Practices Slides
- Conducting a Mitigation Needs Assessment Slides
- EPA Regional Resilience Toolkit Slides
- Mitigation Overview Slides
- Planning and Designing Mitigation Practices Slides
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
CDBG-DR Clinic Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Type: CDBG-DRCDBG-MIT
Program Area: Not Specific
Topic: Monitoring and ComplianceProgram Operations
Phase: Not Specific
Disaster Year: Not Specific